Are you looking to give your social media marketing strategy a tune-up in 2021? There is no better time than now to make that a reality, and finally ditch 2020 once and for all.
The social landscape is definitely a lot more competitive, with constantly changing regulations, rules, algorithm’s, workspaces, dashboards and so on. Social has never been so complex.
What has never changed is the fact that any business owner or marketing manager can tackle socials with a great social strategy, and give all of this time-consuming, sometimes frustrating SMM to-do list some purpose.
Video Domain has put together a detailed map that will guide you through the necessities when creating a social media marketing plan. For people who are completely new to this right through to the veterans, this 2021 Social Media Marketing guide will shine a light on your path.
1. Create some SMART Business Goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant & Time Bound)
2. How to create your Target Audience Segments
3. How to create metrics and targets that matter to your goals
4. How to create engaging content + How to curate content
5. How to time your posts to maximise organic reach
6. How to report on your numbers, and work out what is firing or wasting time
7. How to use your organic content to improve your Paid Advertising efforts
1. Creating SMART Business + Marketing Goals
Like with anything in life, hopefully you’ll ask the question, “Why am I doing this?”
Before you start creating content, or posting willy-nilly across a host of social media channels, you have to rewind right back to the beginning. Ask yourself why you’re about to pour time and energy into social media marketing and how is it going to help your business.
Kicking off a social media strategy starts with setting some SMART goals for your business.
Whether you’re looking to use social media to drive up revenue, raise your brand awareness, build an online community or start
Why do Testimonial Videos Work so Well?
Consumers worldwide seek out what others have to say about everything from which restaurant to try to which plumber their friends recommend. Personal recommendations are based on others’ user experience – and testimonials share authentic experiences. Of all forms of content marketing, customer testimonials rate as the most effective.
Testimonial videos are more in-depth than a written review. They are also easier for an audience to passively absorb. They suit both visual and auditory learners. When well-produced, they are both popular and shareable.
These videos put a face to the reviewer – lending an unmatched level of authenticity to their review. Like case studies and third-party endorsements, customer testimonial videos are a fantastic method of captivating the attention of your target audience and encouraging them to say “Yes” to your offering.
Professional, Effective Customer Testimonial Videos: Key Factors
It’s Human – use real, relatable people for credibility and appeal.
It Tells a Story – stories are what make us pay attention. Your testimonial video will see the customer address who they are and their needs, how they came to know your brand, and how your brand satisfied their needs.
It’s Relatable – the customer reflects your target audience so that your audience sees themselves mirrored in your video.
It Has Context – in terms of where and when the video is being produced and where the subject of the video and their story is located.
It is Compelling – creates desire – your audience must feel they want (or even need) to invest their time to watch.
Includes Key Points – give background, explain the need, and how your business fills that need.
It’s Concise – keep video testimonials to between one and three minutes ideally, to ensure that viewers (whose attention spans may not be profound) watch until the end.
It’s Persuasive – viewers will be compelled to visit your website to discover more of the story you tell speaks to their emotions.
Tips for Making a Great Testimonial Video
- Ask the right questions – create a questionnaire for your interviewee in advance to elicit answers that are considered, insightful, and honest.
Example questions include:
- What was the problem for which you sought our solution?
- What prompted you to consider our product/service?
- What benefits have you experienced?
- What do you like most?
- Would you recommend this product/service/brand?
- Is there anything else you’d like to add?
- Choose the right customer – the right customer or client for your testimonial video will be authentic and relatable. They will be friendly, likeable and gently persuasive, using their own words as opposed to a script. During the filming process, put your interviewee at ease, be an active and engaged listener, and be specific in your questioning.
- Partner with a professional video company – for the very best in lighting and audio quality. They will also provide you with advice and options for the most suitable and realistic filming location with context to support your message. The professional videographer will also have the skills and expertise to edit the footage to create a credible and enjoyable testimonial.
Effective Video Distribution
Share your client testimonial videos widely:
- On Your Website
- On Your Social Media Profiles
- Via Email Marketing e.g. newsletters
- Via Your YouTube Channel
Contact Video Domain
Like case studies and third-party endorsements, customer testimonial videos are a fantastic and highly effective method of captivating the attention of your target audience and encouraging them to say “Yes” to your offering.
Video Domain is a revolutionary platform that connects business owners with professional videographers to create video content that will promote their business. Client testimonial videos are one aspect of this type of video.